books, January Blogathon

Day 2 – Books

The list of the books I’ve reading 2013 is very embarrassing. I used to find so much comfort in reading. But technology has now ruined that for me. I finally managed to get my hands on A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth. It took me forever to get through it, but what a read that was! Honor by Elif Shafak was another tear-jerker. It may sound creepy but I LOVE sad books, the ones that really pierce my heart. I feel so much for the characters and if I shed a tear at the end you know it’s a good book.I’ve always wanted to read Franny and Zooney ’cause it was her favorite book. I finally read it and now I know why. I know for sure I will be rereading it soon.

I finally gave non fiction books a chance. Women From the Ankle Down by Rachelle Bergstein and Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg were the two books I tried. Both were informative in their own way. The first book especially, cause it had a lot about Salvatore Ferragamo and the Varina flats is something I’d like to own.

I also managed to finish reading Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events series. Daniel Handler is my new favorite children’s book author. The man really know how to write. I’m super excited for his new books although Who Could That be at This Hour didn’t hit the spot.

For 2014 I have a huge list of books to be read, a few half read books to finish and a longer list of books I want to revisit. I want to tear myself away from thinking that reading The New Yorker and Cosmo can substitute for reading books.

Note to self : just because you get a free copy of Cosmo Latina in the mail DOES NOT mean you have to read it.

4 thoughts on “Day 2 – Books

  1. I like sad movies like you like sad books ;) If a movie can touch me enough to make me cry, it’s a GOOD one! Good luck with your book list! Your 2013 is far more impressive than mine. I have a grand total of ZERO :( (3-4 half read ones)

  2. I need to get back to reading too! I read ‘Lean In’ too – didn’t always agree with everything but it was a good read. I so want to read again but just don’t find the time these days! Let me know if you come across a good one :)

Leave a Reply

WordPress.com Logo

Twitter picture

Facebook photo